Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘Sardines’, ‘Amateur Theatre Database’ and ‘ATD’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, MICE Diary Ltd, whose registered office is Alberminster House, 38-40 Sydenham Road, Croydon CR0 2EF, United Kingdom. Our company registration number is 6142843 registered in England. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
THE DPA & GDPR MAY 2018
We and this website complies to the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and already complies to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which comes into affect from May 2018. We will update this policy accordingly after the completion of the UK's exit from the European Union.
What are cookies? Cookies are small files saved to the user's computer's hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website. Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browser's security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
WEBSITE VISITOR TRACKING
This website uses tracking software to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. The software will save a cookie to your computer's hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
ADVERTS AND SPONSORED LINKS
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
DOWNLOADS AND MEDIA FILES
Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available users are advised to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third party websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third party anti virus software or similar applications.
SOCIETY DIRECTORY CONTACT ADDRESS
Societies that have entered a full postal address when creating a Directory Profile will automatically receive a complimentary issue of Sardines magazine sent to this address when published. Postal addresses are marked as 'Private' by default when creating a profile unless the 'Public' option has first been selected. Addresses marked as 'Private' are not displayed on the website while 'Public' addresses are. Once an address has been marked as 'Private' it cannot be accessed or edited by website users. Societies wishing to change an address status from 'Private' to 'Public' should click the 'edit' link on the respective directory profile and use the appropriate link to inform us. We never sell, share or loan society address details to any third party.
ATD MEMBERS AND SERVICES DIRECTORY
Any private details entered when creating profiles on the ATD (Amateur Theatre Database) and/or Services Directory will not be displayed unless you have given your permission to do so. We never sell, share or loan these details to any third party.
CONTACT AND COMMUNICATION WITH US
Users contacting this us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to send you products/services information through a mailing list system. This is done in accordance with the regulations named in 'The policy' above.
EMAIL MAILING LIST AND MARKETING MESSAGES
We operate an email mailing list program, used to inform subscribers about products, services and/or news we supply/publish. Users can subscribe through an online automated process where they have given their explicit permission. Subscriber personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in 'The policy' above. Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the 'Unsubscribe' link at the bottom of our monthly email newsletter or by emailing instructions to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org. The type and content of marketing messages subscribers receive, and if it may contain third party content, is clearly outlined at the point of subscription.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data.
EXTERNAL WEBSITE LINKS AND THIRD PARTIES
Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links leading to other websites.)
Shortened URLs: URL shortening is a technique used on the web to shorten URLs (Uniform Resource Locators) to something substantially shorter. This technique is especially used in social media and looks similar to this (example: https://bit.ly/1RvgfPz). Users should take caution before clicking on shortened URL links and verify their authenticity before proceeding.
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY AND USAGE
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about some social media privacy and usage policies in the resources section below.
RESOURCES AND FURTHER INFORMATION
• Overview of the GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation
• Data Protection Act 1998
• Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
• The Guide to the PECR 2003
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by MICE Diary Ltd and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of MICE Diary Ltd. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, MICE Diary Ltd. takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of MICE Diary Ltd - © MICE Diary Ltd. 2018. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
• You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
• You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.•
• You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.