Latest Survey Results At the beginning of November we set you nine questions focused on reopening our theatres. Your extra comments make fascinating reading.
Am-dram Versus Covid - cover story Dave Hollander takes a look at the amateur theatre sector’s reaction to dealing with the pandemic.
Theatre’s New Normal A look at what theatre might be like on the other side of lockdown. Could a new world of social distancing be awaiting us?
Lockdown... What Lockdown? Paul Johnson throws the spotlight on the Isle of Man where there has been no lockdown or social distancing since the summer.
Safety in Meetings Paul Z Jackson, improvisation expert, looks at how to put people at ease and to get the best out of them either meeting online or face to face.
Pantomime Left in Tiers! The latest Government restrictions may have taken us out of lockdown but the new tiering system means some Christmas shows cannot go ahead.
Who Let the Dogs Out!? It’s time to put our tongues in our cheeks as we bring you a feast of animal-filled musicals from Adolphin Theatre - courtesy of TLC Creative.
Best-selling Authors We take a quick but entertaining look at the best-selling authors in the UK and how much they have earned foe each word written.
Keeping in Touch With... ...your Audience During a Global Pandemic. The heart and soul of theatre, if the audience didn’t like the performance the curtain wouldn’t rise.
One Step Beyond! - The Stables Theatre Nick Smurthwaite takes a look at how this theatre in Hastings, a member of the Little Theatre Guild, is overcoming the Coronavirus odds. YOUR NEWS News stories relevant to amateur theatremakers around the country. Some stories are about amateur theatre, some professional and some youth.
- Margate Mystery ...Solved
- No Thanks to Boris!
- TIRED OF ZOOM? ESCAPE THE ROOM!
- Fashion Hats Up For Grabs
- Croydon in Chaos
- Social Distancing... Torquay Style
- Christmas Crowdfunder
- Intimate Theatre Demolition Moves Ever Closer
- Yorkshire is the Most Trustworthy Accent in the UK
- Hollywood Helpers
- Sounds Good!
- Dame Enid Diana Elizabeth Rigg D.B.E. 1938-2020
- Hertford Theatre Week 2021
- 2020 OLIVIER AWARDS WITH MASTERCARD
- Local Historian Helps Local Theatre
- London Pub of the Year 2020
- MAST Mayflower Studios Launched
- Norfolk & Norwich Festival is on for 2021
- £81k Awarded From Theatres Trust
- The Stage Awards | The Stage 100 | Theatre’s Response to the Coronavirus Pandemic
- These British Actors Could Earn up to £147k Per Instagram Post!
- Selladoor Worldwide Launches New Writers Programme
- British Theatre Challenge (Blue Sky Theatre Company)
- Theatre Book Prize 2021, and the Judges are...
- 400... and Counting!
- DANIEL WARD ANNOUNCED AS THE WINNER OF THE 51st GEORGE DEVINE AWARD
- Audition Fees Scrub, in Favour of Hub
- National Theatre leading free virtual courses for young people nationwide to learn theatre-making skills
- Awards Recognition
- Franchise Theatre School Invests in Supporting Mental Health
- Awards for Excellence
- Centre Stage
- British Youth Music Theatre (BYMT) has launched its New Music Theatre Award 2021 for young writers and composers aged thirty and under.
- GSA’s new audition fee widens access and improves representation
- Nag Paves the Way
- National Showcase Organisation for London
- Audible LAMDA
- ...and Audible NT
- Rose Bruford Partners with Lewisham College and Announces Postgraduate Courses in Addition to a New Range of Courses for 16-19 Year Olds
Practically Perfect! Paul Johnson interviews a pair of professional lighting technicians who found success in diversifying their skills while furloughed.
Franchising Influencer The spotlight falls on Denise Sutton-Gosney, Founder and MD of Razzamataz Theatre Schools, who has just been recognised by the franchising industry.
Book Review - Break a Leg Nick Smurthwaite reviews Jenny Landreth’s new book that is a “Memoir, Manifesto and Celebration of Amateur Theatre.”
Financial Survival Chairman of Greater Manchester’s Chads Theatre, Steve Pratt, talks about the best ways to fundraise, including involvement with ‘Your Theatre Lottery’.
Strike Up the Band! Several musical productions are being publicised to reopen either as we come out of lockdown or for later in the spring. The details are here.
Plays, Books & Musicals New and re-released titles now available for amateur performance. Includes both major publishers and licensors as well as smaller independent set-ups.
Index of Advertisers The industry may be somewhat depleted at the moment in terms of demand but Sardines will always provide a strong portal for our supporters.
Subscribe to The Digital Pack
for instant access to the latest news and opinions. Just £12 for 12 months.