The Jack Petchey Foundation reflects on twenty-one years since its birth in 1999… Grant updates and great opportunities for your school/youth group!
By PAUL JOHNSON
The Jack Petchey Foundation’s Imapct Report is a new independent study into the difference the Foundation has made since it first started in 1999.
The basic points include:
- Over 200,000 young people have gained a prestigious Jack Petchey Foundation Achievement Award;
- Over 2.5 million people have attended a Jack Petchey Foundation event to celebrate young people and their achievements;
- Over 10,000 leaders have been recognised and trained by the Foundation;
- 96% of education / youth sector leaders said they believe involvement in JPF programmes increases young people’s self-confidence and self-belief;
- The researchers found that the Foundation’s work supports young people to develop new skills, raises their aspirations and improves their work ethic, resulting in them having a positive impact on society.
You can read the full report (www.jackpetcheyfoundation.org.uk/21-years-of-changing-lives) and watch a special video (below) to find out more about how JPF’s work supports young people and the youth sector to grow!