Greater London ( 1 reviews)
What The Ladybird Heard
OPEN 15/07/2021 - 29/08/2021
Venue Name: Palace Theatre, 113 Shaftesbury Avenue, Soho, London
Venue Postcode: W1D5AY
Credits: By Julia Donaldson & Lydia Monks. Music by Jon Fiber and Andy Shaw for JollyGoodTunes. Lyrics by Jon Fiber and Howard Jacques. Produced by Kenny Wax Family Entertainment in association with Matthew Gregory.
Societies: West End & Fringe
Join the Ladybird and her farmyard friends Live on Stage at the Palace Theatre for a strictly limited summer season from 15th July to 29th August 2021.
From Julia Donaldson, bestselling author of The Gruffalo, and award-winning illustrator Lydia Monks, comes the stage show of the much-loved picture book What the Ladybird Heard. With live original music from a quartet of talented actors, puppetry and a whole farmyard of fun, this 55-minute family favourite is the perfect summer treat!
Hefty Hugh and Lanky Len have a cunning plan to steal the farmer’s fine prize cow. But they reckon without the tiniest, quietest creature of all: the Ladybird has a scheme of her own!
Join the woolly sheep, the hairy hog, the fat red hen and the dainty dog as they take on the villains in their quest to save the day at the Palace Theatre, London. Published by Macmillan Children’s Books and with over 4 million copies sold this adaptation is the perfect introduction to theatre for children aged 3+. Expect plenty of participation, lots of laughs and rhymes galore!
First conceived on a countryside walk with her son, Donaldson enjoyed the idea of a quiet Ladybird outwitting the bigger brawnier creatures. The animals and their noises fill this colourful adventure with real flair and, in consultation with the original illustrator, beautifully capture the magic of the story.
Producer Kenny Wax comments, I am delighted that What the Ladybird Heard is returning to the stage and I’m looking forward to welcoming family audiences back to the West End for a much needed treat this summer. It will be wonderful to see smiling faces in the glorious Palace Theatre once again.
- Show: What the Ladybird Heard
- Dates: Thursday 15th July – Sunday 29th August 2021
- Performances: Tuesday – Sunday, 10.30am/11am/1pm/2pm
- Please see website for times on each day Wednesday 21st July 2021, 11am – relaxed performance Thursday 22nd July 2021, 11am – BSL performance Wednesday 11th August 2021, 11am – relaxed performance
- Location: The Palace Theatre, Shaftesbury Avenue, London W1D 5AY
- How to Get There: The Palace Theatre is located on Cambridge Circus in the heart of London’s West End. The nearest underground station is Leicester Square (Northern and Piccadilly lines). Charing Cross Overground Station is a short walk away.
- Box Office: Tickets are available priced from £12.50 at https://www.nimaxtheatres.com/shows/what-the-ladybird-heard/.
- Running Time: 55 minutes (no interval)
Adapter & Director: Graham Hubbard
Set, Puppets & Costume Design: Bek Palmer
Design Consultant: Lydia Monks
Lighting Design: Ric Mountjoy
Composers and Sound Design: Jon Fiber and Andy Shaw for JollyGoodTunes
Lyrics: Jon Fiber and Howard Jacques
Producer: Kenny Wax Family Entertainment in association with Matthew Gregory
- Ages: Recommended for ages 3+
- Website: whattheladybirdheardlive.co.uk
- Social media: @LiveLadybird
Covid 19 Secure
The Palace Theatre reopens in line with current government guidelines plus robust risk mitigation. Preventative measures include:
- Health questionnaire to be emailed 48 hours in advance of the performance
- Contactless tickets
- Compulsory facemasks
- Hand sanitisation stations throughout the building
- Click and Collect bar App
- Deep clean and building sanitation
- Additional entrances and exits
- Supporting NHS Track and Trace
For further information please visit: www.nimaxtheatres.com/covid-19-secure/