Sardines’ Editors, Paul and Fariba, pause to dream of getting back to normal, as well as celebrating Sardines' first print edition in fourteen months.
SHIFTING THE GOALPOSTS
Susan Elkin asks some serious questions of how the theatre sector has suffered during the pandemic. And it’s not difficult to point the finger of blame towards Westminster.
ROADMAP TO REOPNING SURVEY
We bring you all the results of our most recent survey, where you gave us your thoughts on reopening our theatre doors to real-life audiences once more.
TAMARA von WERTHERN
The Performing Rights Manager at Nick Hern Books returns with her regular advice column. In this edition, Tamara prepares for the big return of amateur theatre.
HAMILTON AND ME - GILES TERERA
Giles Terera played Aaron Burr, the ‘damn fool who shot’ Alexander Hamilton in Lin Manuel Miranda’s biggest show in town, Hamilton. His new book is published on 1 June too.
DON'T CALL ME 'LANDLADY'!
Chris Abbott speaks with Elaine King of Aberdeen about providing theatre digs to performers for the past forty years. Such providers used to be called ‘Theatrical Landladies’, but not now.
PLAYING THE WAITING GAME
We showcase the Theatrical Traders Association and get the lowdown on how the organisation is run, who its members are and how long it’s been going.
SCARAMOUCHE JONES - PICS
Our previous cover star was none other than Shane Richie (or Alfie Moon, depending on how old you are). We bring you a nice photo spread of his latest project, playing Scaramouche Jones.
ONE STEP BEYOND! No.1
Amateur Theatre companies throughout the country have all shown great resilience during the pandemic. Talisman Theatre in Kenilworth is one such example of how to keep things going.
THE KNIVES ARE OUT
Janie Dee, has worked in just about every inch of theatre there is. But now she takes on Am-Dram, and plays an amateur diva who normally gets the lead role... until a pro joins the society.
News stories relevant to amateur theatre-makers around the UK. Some stories are about amateur theatre, some professional and some youth/student/graduate.
Got a show to publicise or some news to share? We give daily shoutouts on our Facebook and Twitter pages. Email us: email@example.com
- Garden Suburb Theatre’s Isle of Zoom Raises £719
- Endgame is Theatre’s Opening Gambit
- New Bromley Theatre Group to Produce The Bard’s Dream
- Broadway Bouncing Back... hot on the West End's Heels
- Good Hygiene Practices Must Not be Forgotten After Venues Reopen
- On My Radio
- Doctor Who Time Fracture Reveals Authentic Sets and Special Pre-recorded Cameos for Immersive West End Show
- BBC Piano Tuner Sells Huge Autograph & Memento Collection Spanning Forty Years
- Centenary Book Proves a Hit with Shoutouts
- FIRST BABY ... FIRST PLACE
- The Stage Gears Up to Host 3-Day Conference
- Arts Employees Among Those Most Likely to be Stressed, Study Shows
- Fans disappointed by half-measure ‘return to live’ at the BRITs
- Janice Haughton (Obituary)
- TakeTen Chesil Theatre New Writing Festival A Winner’s Inspiration
- Falling in Love with You
- South Coast Sun
- Liverpool Lives
- Heart of Hammersmith
- Advance to GO!
- NT at Home Growing
- Octagon makes access a priority in new building
- Walk on the Wyld Side
- Preston Live Arts Festival
- West End Debuts
- Theatre Book Prize 2021
- UK Choir Festival Podcast
- There’s a White Light at the End of the Tunnel
- Mute MusicScope?
- BYMT Now Hiring!
- Monologues Characterise Players Return Tribute
- Kenneth Branagh’s Romeo and Juliet Returns
- National Theatre Wales Makes it Possible Again
- Huge Support Across the Board In Memory of Roy Hudd
- Keeping Summer Alive
- New School... New Adventure
- Smile Please!
- RADA Announces New Chair of its Council
- LAMDA DEGREE DECREE
- New School... Final Patron
- Guildhall Change
- Polka Pop-Up
- The Jack Petchey Foundation - 21 Years of Changing Lives
- Franchisee Case Study: Marc Kelly
- Stagecoach Return for Summer Term
- All Together Now! - MTI
- NYT Tour
SENT TO COVENTRY
National Drama Festivals Association (NDFA) Council member and Chair of the All-Winners Festival sub-committee, Rod Chaytor, shares details of 2021’s event at Coventry’s Albany Theatre.
DIRECTING ONLINE - IN A WEIR-D WAY
Putney Theatre Company’s Ian Higham shares his positive experience in producing and directing Conor McPherson’s chilling lock-in ghost story, The Weir, for the Zoom screen.
ONE STEP BEYOND! No.2
Keith Orton of Caterham’s Miller Centre Theatre Company tells us all about how the society turned to film-making during the pandemic to keep members’ interests alive.
STRIKE UP THE BAND!
The world and his wife have announced a return to performing recently. While we can’t physically bring you details of every single professional musical theatre production, we’ve managed a fair few.
PLAYS, BOOKS & MUSICALS
New and re-released titles, many of which are now available for amateur performance. Full steam ahead!
INDEX OF ADVERTISERS/SUPPORTERS
Subscribe to The Digital Pack
for instant access to the latest news and opinions. Just £12 for 12 months.