Tamara von Werthern The Performing Rights Manager at Nick Hern Books features her regular advice column and looks this week at the awards season - after all who can forget this year’s Academy Awards.
Careful What You Wish For Paul Johnson catches up with ex-Strictly winner, Joanne Clifton, currently touring as Morticia Addams, to see how her move from ballroom dancing to musical theatre is going.
The Review - Sedos Caroline Jenner gives a glowing five-star review to Sedos’s recent production of When the Rain Stops Falling, produced at The Bridewell Theatre in the City of London.
Late Panto Pics We’ve all been affected by the passing pandemic, in fact theatre has found itself completely in limbo for the last two years. So it comes as no surprise that the odd panto has been rescheduled.
One Step Beyond! - BLT We speak with Bromley Little Theatre’s director-actor, Jessica Ann Jenner, about the rare five-star review Susan Elkin gave the society’s amateur production of The Wind in the Willows.
Bobbing Along Dianne Pilkintgon is having a ball touring the country with her trainee witch’s broomstick as Miss Eglantine Price in Disney’s classic musical, Bedknobs and Broomsticks.
Suppliers’ Directory Our section of classified style boxed adverts is growing. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. It’s the most cost-effective way of advertising in Sardines.
Queer Acting Susan Elkin interviews Isabel Adomakoh Young, who describes herself as a queer actor, and writer of English and Ghanaian origins with a determination for social change.
Your News News stories relevant to amateur theatre-makers around the UK. Some amateur theatre, some professional, some youth / student theatre, some professional.
- Shakespeare’s Coming Home
- Celebrating Sheffield’s Am-Dram
- Concert for Ukraine
- The War of the Worlds for Ukraine
- YOUR NEWSLETTERS: Apollo Theatre Players / The Banbury Cross Players / Little Theatre Company / The Blakehay Theatre
- Upstairs Downstairs... and Bromley!
- Curve’s Community Production is Finding Home
- Free Resources AND Tickets to Macbeth at Shakespeare's Globe
- Rochester Castle’s Dance and Light show, If Not Now
- Four Bumper Weekends in May 2022 Celebrate UK City of Culture’s Closing
- Noises Off
- Norfolk & Norwich Festival Announces Full Programme for 250th Anniversary Festival 2022
- All Change - NDFA finds new identity thanks to its membership
- Logical Sponsor
- A Visit to Eastern Europe
- Popcorn Award & BBC Writersroom
- Making It Big in Hollywood
- Sunderland’s Got Talent?
- Can You be an Improviser?
- Thame Sponsors
- Intimate Update
- Welwyn Drama Festival
- Theatres Trust ...further news
- 2 Years On
- Mamma Mia! Party-gate
- WINNERS ASSEMBLE in Edinburgh
- Create Central
- Hearts for the Arts 2022 Winners Announced
- Happy Birthday! Hackney Empire
- The Little Theatre Guild
- Ten More Shows
- Peckham Fringe
- EMERGING ARTIST APPRENTICES
- Theatre Walks
- The Stage - Future of Theatre Conference
- Ariel Company Theatre - Reviews and Comic Relief Fundraising
- Fit for Purpose
- NYT Raises £350k
- NEW PRINCIPAL OF RADA
- In the Spotlight
- Why send your child to a theatre school franchise?
- VOCAL TIPS
- Top-10 Most Popular Children’s Books
Summer School 2022 Each year around this time we bring you the benefits of attending one of a myriad of summer schools going on. For the first time in two years it looks like things are normalising.
- Main editorial from Susan Elkin.
- Federation of Drama Schools (part 1)
- Federation of Drama Schools (part 2)
- Federation of Drama Schools (part 3)
- Summer School - Course-finder
Little Voice - My Foot! Christina Bianco is simply the woman of a thousand voices. The American imressionist was born to play L.V. and is, at last, doing exactly that touring with the likes of Ian Kelsey & Shobna Gulati.
I’ll Be in my Trailer! This issue brings you a huge bumper edition of coffee-break interviews with (ready?)... Dean Chisnall, Geoff Norcott, Shane Richie, Layton Williams and Dan Gillespie Sells.
- I’ll Be in my Trailer! - Dean Chisnall
- I’ll Be in my Trailer! - Geoff Norcott
- I’ll Be in my Trailer! - Shane Richie
- I’ll Be in my Trailer! - Layton Williams
- I’ll Be in my Trailer! - Dan Gillespie-Sells
Strike Up the Band! Our attempt at bringing you up to date with what the professional musical theatre industry has in store for us. Indeed audiences of professional shows appear to be the most confident.
Plays, Books and Musicals New and re-released titles, many of which are now available for amateur performance. From big companies to small, starting with Concord Theatricals, Nick Hern Books, MTI... etc.
Index of Advertisers
Subscribe to The Digital Pack
for instant access to the latest news and opinions. Just £12 for 12 months.